This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

USB Mass storage

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Anyone can help me with my usb problem? This evening, when i plug in a new usb drive, the "Found new hardware wizard" pop out but failed to install the driver. But the usb drive work on every other computer. Then I try the other usb drive and windows xp failed to find the driver as well. I don't have this problem before this, and have no idea why and when this problem occurred. I have tried the following methods but non of them works. 1. System restore 2. Uninstall usb driver and let it reinstall when restart 3. /sfc scannow Any suggestion on how to fix this?
Thanks arTech for this useful suggession. I think many people face the same problem but don't know the right solution for it. You have shared very helpful answer for it. Thanks again!
I think you should reinstall fresh copy of windows in your computer after that automatic will be accepting your USB drive request.

Edited by Doug
I have faced the same problem not long ago. I reinstalled my OS and it started to work just fine. So I would recommend like the guy above me stated to reinstall the Windows.

Edited by Doug
JohnRocks,

You have already complimented arTech for a helpful recommendation and link.

10 days later, and without any response from the original problem poster, you recommend reinstalling Windows operating system ???

What's up with that?
You may have changed your mind, or had a new experience with your own machine.
But remember, each machine and user is different.
And we don't know if the original problem poster has already been successful, or needs more assistance.

The information and suggestion, linked by arTech above, is both specific and well documented.
The next step is to discover whether or not the recommendation was effective.
Reinstalling the Windows operating system is a solution-of-last-resort.

Please use better judgment when posting advice.

Tech Administrator
asim2010,

Please read my comment to John Rocks, above.
The same applies to your recommendation.

Tech Administrator

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI