This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Firewall

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Unable to get my lab top to connect to my wireless router. I BELEIVE this started after my attempts to connect my Lab Top to my TV don't hold it against me :-) My main PC which I am using is working fine. The lab top has no device errors (yellow or red flag). Lap top under Network connection has the line "wireless Network Connection" listed as Not Connected, Firewalled. The other 1394 connection is connected. I tried the right click on the icon "fix" with no results. David
Highlight wireless Network Connection
Then in the left-hand menu, select Enable this connection.

You will have to know your routers encryption code, or clear it and set up new encryption.
I tried two ways. Highlighted Network Connections through Control Panel or through the Icon on my tray and neither offered the "left hand side" selecting Enable. I did however find when I opened the Network Connections then highlghted the Wireless Network Connection right click I did find a choose to Disable but again didn't find a button for Enabled. Is there a phone number to call (my dime) to expidted this? David

I did however find when I opened the Network Connections then highlghted the Wireless Network Connection right click I did find a choose to Disable but again didn't find a button for Enabled.


1 First disable it then close down your computer, wait 30 seconds with a blank black screen,
2 next restart your computer then renable it…. it should show wireless as connected.
3 Power cycle your Modem/Router (here's how)
4 Turn off your modem/and your router wait 30 seconds, then first turn on your modem then your router
5 Wait for 4 minutes( by the clock)
6 Disengage your firewall
7 Now to try to connect to your wireless Acess Point and report back what happens.
8 Re-engage your firewall
Note if you do not have a separate modem and router then just power cycle whatever you have got!
Regards
paws
1 First disable it then close down your computer, wait 30 seconds with a blank black screen, DID IT. 2 next restart your computer then renable it…. it should show wireless as connected. DID but it did not connect. 3 Power cycle your Modem/Router (here's how) 4 Turn off your modem/and your router wait 30 seconds, then first turn on your modem then your router 5 Wait for 4 minutes( by the clock) 6 Disengage your firewall 7 Now to try to connect to your wireless Acess Point and report back what happens. DID and no connection. 8 Re-engage your firewall. Did. Note if you do not have a separate modem and router then just power cycle whatever you have got! What I just did was run a hard wire from Router to Lab Top and was able to connect. Reboot Lab Top turned firewall on everything working great. When I unplug the HW, the system showed internet disconnected. I changed the 1346 connection to the wireless and it did not hook up. It told me "The intel Pro/Wireless is disabled. Go to your hardware switch to enable it." I went to the hardware button right cliked and the word in the box was disabled which should mean the intel is enabled? David