This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Puzzle Cannot connect Wireless

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: :pullhair: Ok last night when doing home studies I decided to go on the net to look for some stuff, Running my labtop Windows 7 prem. 32 bit. But anyway when I went to choose my wireless name that I set up in my router and clicked on it, windows was trying to connect, I shook my head and said well your not going to because day before yesterday I changed my password, someone was over looking my shoulder in my hobby shop so I was a bit leary and changed it. Everything working because using other labtops as a tester each logs on, just mine will try to connect and then comes up saying something wrong with the connection, try trouble shooting your router, uplugging it blah blah, I shake my head and say No Windows its not my router. The problem here it's not giving me an option to log on with my password anymore, it just trys to connect auto when I click on my name. I went back and set my old password back in my router and it connects fine, so I know its something in the Windows Wirelss setting of not giving me an option of logging in with new password. I am at a lost and did google and many hits looking over offers no help, hate to put my old password back because if that guy saw my password then he could use my system to log on the net, he lives a few houses down from me. Any clues to this?

I'm just guessing that you had it store your "credentials" so it doesn't ask you every time?

If so… you obviously need to change them.

Have you read through this guide? http://www.jmu.edu/computing/desktop/wirel…ss-Windows7.pdf


When I first set up my windows and logged on using wireless for the first time, yes I told it to remember my password to log on auto, so that way when ever I clicked on it later I did not have to enter the password. But you would think silly windows if the password would not match or let me log in it would ask for input, all it does is says trouble shoot your router and give me instructions of how and this is why I call it silly.

Will read though this and see if I can find it and past back.

Jimbo1
K'mlak - or Klingon word for Salute. Went through the manual you linked and found where to input new password. Still do not understand why they just did not make it to where it would just ask you for the silly thing, you would think something like password do not match, please input the correct one or something of that sort. :smack: :smack: Thanks Jimbo1
You must have turned off the little window that pops up and says…

"You're password has been changed. Please contact Best Buy's GeekSquad for help in reformatting your system"

You must have turned off the little window that pops up and says…

"You're password has been changed. Please contact Best Buy's GeekSquad for help in reformatting your system"


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ya that must have been it, good one Tom

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI