This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Need assessement on this pro-CAD/pro-Gamer build

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys

 

I am new to building a pc from scratch and I have always bought too-expensive pre-made gamer pc's.

 

So now I want to try building my own. I am willing to invest quite a lot in this, because I want it to last as many years as possible and also be "future-friendly" / "future-upgradeable".

 

I am an engineer and a geek, therefore this pc will be used for hardcore gaming, with all games on Ultra setting and also for professional CAD-Engineering/3D-structural designing.

 

I have looked through a lot of different built guides and came up with the setup shown below:

 

  • Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 MARK I
  • CPU Intel Core i7-4790K
  • CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14
  • RAM Corsair Vengeance Bk 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphic card Asus GeForce GTX 980 strix (4GB)
  • Sound card Creative Sound Blaster Z
  • System Drive Crucial M500 240GB SSD
  • Storage Drive Seagate Barracuda 2TB
  • Optical Drive Asus BC-12D2HT/BLK/B/AS 
  • Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
  • Power supply Seasonic X-850 80 Plus Gold
  • OS Windows 7, 64bit

 

 

I could use some advise/assessment on whether or not each of the above parts are compatible with each other. I have studied the compatibilities as much as possible, like does the graphic, CPU, RAM etc. fit to the motherboard? Does it all fit in the case? Is anything out of proportions or have I overseen something stupid?  And also opinions on the built in general is welcome.

 

Budget-wise I cant afford to increase more than 10%.

 

Thanks alot in advance for your time.

 

Best regards

 

Arash

Looks like a very nice build :)

 

Even if you have built it already, I would recommend upgrading the fan to the Noctua NH-D15 if you can afford it.

 

You may also want to try Windows 8, but i'd fully understand if you want to stick with Win 7. :thumbup:

 

Otherwise, have fun :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI