This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

WINDOWS BOOT UP DISC advice needed

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys In a previous topic I have been told that I need a CDE to boot up my pc - I don't have a disc but have found one on EBAY which says it boots up a multitude of sytems ? Is this the right thing to do or not ?? On ebay it is called miracle disc have a look any advise would be great -is it really a miracle or a rip off Thanks Paul :pullhair:
I suggest you follow Ztrucker's suggestion

Sounds like the recovery partition is messed up or non-existent which is why it then asks for the CD. You can contact Compaq and order a CDE for your computer. Should have in in less than a week

and contact Compaq for the disk. This way you will be guaranteed it will work with your system.
This is your 3rd post on the same topic. Please stay in a single thread until the problem is resolved.

In your original thread here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…40&start=40, your last post said: Loks like a trip to pc world to get a new one - not what I wanted but I do not have enough skills to do this. That is a lot more expensive than ordering the recovery CD from Compaq for your computer.

rshaffer61 gave you a link to the HP (Compaq) website with phone numbers you can call to get help ordering the recovery CD. Give that a try first. You can always buy a new computer :lol:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI