Peter1
Topic Starter
I tried to figure this out at WDC.com but could not.
I then went to disk management but had problems.
I received an error message that a critical error occured when using Wd MY Book Essentials that a driver had not worked.
I made an error and in trying to run a quick diagnostic test on the drive, + upgraded the SmartWare which had previously been removed or disabled by a tech when I had warranty.
The disk manger now lists the original drive which was F:, as G:. and SmartWare as F: which was the usb drive's original designation.
Since I included the SmartWare upgrade by error, this SmartWare exists unlike before when the tech removed it + the Smartware has the F: designation my original drive had.
When I try to change the drive to F: for the usb drive, it won't scroll up to F: but starts at G:
I think I need to disable or remove the SmartWare so that drive is not recognized and then try to change the drive letter back to F: for the usb drive if I can figure how to scroll up. In other words, the SmartWare which I don't use because I image, took over the F: desigantion.
Help appreciated