Nhatorama
Topic Starter
Hello!
Here are my computer's specs:
Custom built desktop computer
Phenom II X3 720 BE OC (3.5 Ghz)
4x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model 996657
HIS H577FN1GD Radeon HD 5770
HT OMEGA STRIKER 7.1 (audio)
Logitech MX 5500 (keyboard & mouse)
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
The computer is 8 months old
I've been having problems with my Logitech MX 5500 keyboard while trying to play some video games.
What happens is that when I load (Empire: Total War & X3: Terran Conflict) the keyboard will not work other than to Alt-Tab, Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out of the game, but the mouse works just fine in game.
The keyboard and mouse do work for: Crysis, Dragon Age: Origins, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Fallout 3, King's Bounty: Armored Princess and Titan Quest.
I never had any problems using the keyboard and mouse for any other application.
I've tried using the keyboard, with generic drivers, official older drivers, and the most up to date official drivers, but no luck.
My GPU and Audio cards have the latest drivers installed.
My OS has all software updates available installed.
I've made no hardware changes since I built the computer.
Scanned the computer with SuperAntiSpyware and Avira Antivir (antivirus), with some minor detections (cookies) and no viruses or trojans.
In my last 8 months of use, I've had several BSOD only after prolonged gaming/use (8+ hours), which I believe were caused by my GPU getting overheated.
I've read in some forums where other gamers, playing various games, were able to solve the problem with a fresh OS installation.
I really don't want to do a fresh OS install, so I hope someone here can help.
Here's my Hijackthis log, just in case it's needed:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 2:07:11 AM, on 8/22/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal
EDITED by paws: HJT logfile removed and uploaded as an attachment
HJT.txt
Here are my computer's specs:
Custom built desktop computer
Phenom II X3 720 BE OC (3.5 Ghz)
4x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model 996657
HIS H577FN1GD Radeon HD 5770
HT OMEGA STRIKER 7.1 (audio)
Logitech MX 5500 (keyboard & mouse)
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
The computer is 8 months old
I've been having problems with my Logitech MX 5500 keyboard while trying to play some video games.
What happens is that when I load (Empire: Total War & X3: Terran Conflict) the keyboard will not work other than to Alt-Tab, Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out of the game, but the mouse works just fine in game.
The keyboard and mouse do work for: Crysis, Dragon Age: Origins, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Fallout 3, King's Bounty: Armored Princess and Titan Quest.
I never had any problems using the keyboard and mouse for any other application.
I've tried using the keyboard, with generic drivers, official older drivers, and the most up to date official drivers, but no luck.
My GPU and Audio cards have the latest drivers installed.
My OS has all software updates available installed.
I've made no hardware changes since I built the computer.
Scanned the computer with SuperAntiSpyware and Avira Antivir (antivirus), with some minor detections (cookies) and no viruses or trojans.
In my last 8 months of use, I've had several BSOD only after prolonged gaming/use (8+ hours), which I believe were caused by my GPU getting overheated.
I've read in some forums where other gamers, playing various games, were able to solve the problem with a fresh OS installation.
I really don't want to do a fresh OS install, so I hope someone here can help.
Here's my Hijackthis log, just in case it's needed:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 2:07:11 AM, on 8/22/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal
EDITED by paws: HJT logfile removed and uploaded as an attachment
HJT.txt