This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

need Hard drive HELP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently spilt water on my laptop. The motherboard and the power converter were both lost. I have bought a new computer and I would like to know if it is possible to move certain programs, etc. over to a new laptop. Is there some sort of adapter available? Can I import say for instance my bookmarks from the version of firefox I was running on my old computer? Songs from WMP? Entire programs? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Yes, there are several ways to go about that actually. This here is what I recommend:

[external image: Posted Image]



Pull your harddrive from your laptop, take it out of its case and plug this adapter into it. You can now plug it in to your tower and have two hard drives, however, I have to warn you that your laptop harddrive has an active partition on it. You will want to fix that and before you boot up with it attached to your tower. Powerquest Partition Magic is a good program that will allow you to do this.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI