This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

mouse freezing

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

@ Lee

Review the PCPitstop OverDrive Full Tests results.
It may take a little while to become "familiar" with the layout of the Results.
It might even be useful for you to run the tests on your own machines to get an idea of how the Results are reported out.

In this machine belonging to Becky, you will discover that the machine already has 1GB (1024MB) which ought to be enough for general office, browsing and email.

I "prefer" 1GB "per" CPU core.
Becky's machine has two cores, each running at 1.6mHz

At 1.6mHz, that machine is never going to be a speed demon, but may benefit from another 1gb RAM if used for modest gaming, video and graphics viewing, or very modest graphics editing.
_____________________

@ Becky

You can Disable "all" items listed in CodeStuff Starters Startups – except UfSeAgnt.exe (which is your antivirus)
Any that you later find that you wish you still had active, you can use CodeStuff Starters to "Enable" them again.

Becky, I'm of the opinion that Trend Micro is consuming way too much of your system resources.
TrendMicro is a good product and is providing overall protection, but at high cost to the machine's performance.

I would prefer a lower impact selection of security tools.

Maybe either Avast! or Avira, plus Malwarebytes, plus SpywareBlaster or MVPS Hosts File
or
For your machine I would seriously consider the Microsoft Security Essentials plus MalwareBytes, plus MVPS Hosts File

What do you think of the above suggestions?

I will follow the above steps, :) I want to dump bloaTrendMicro, and if I use the "uninstall" feature of it, will it be successful in uninstalling all of the spider webs throughout my system?
I will "disable all"- but this CodeStuff Starter program doesnt remover important startups necessary for the system??? I hope not!! I will let you know how it goes-fingers crossed!
:)
"fingers crossed"…. Now there's an idea! :) Yes, Control Panel - Add/Remove "should" remove the active components of Trend Micro. There may be some remnants left behind or maybe an nearly empty folder or two, but these should not affect the performance of your machine. I recommend that you download the installation file for the Antivirus that you have selected, before uninstalling Trend Micro. Then you'll have it ready as your next step to install. Which have your selected? AVAST! Avira Microsoft Security Essentials I've crossed a couple of fingers for you too. But this is a very basic procedure that is not likely to cause you any difficulty. Take a deep breath and talk nice to your computer. :)

I will "disable all"- but this CodeStuff Starter program doesnt remover important startups necessary for the system


If you don't like the result, or wish to have various utilities start automatically again, you can simply replace the checkmark/tick in front of the item in CodeStuff Starters.
Well hello again! I am still having the problem of mouse freezing, but frequency is only 1 or 2 times a day instead of 7-8. I'm not sure what I can do now? I reduced "start-ups" down to bare minimum. My HD "Pie" in drive properties is divisionally almost completely 1/2. I got rid of TrendMicro, and switched to Avira. I deleted alot of unused programs. :scratch: now what?
Becky, just a thought. What kind of mouse do you use? Is it a USB (rectangular end) or PS2 (round end)? Which ever you have, can you try the other, see if that makes a difference?
My condo offers free wireless internet, so I bought a WALAN 11g USB Adapter. It worked good. But I kept both plugged in [AT&T internet] AND the adapter. I had the little computer in my toolbar and You know I noticed something…..it drops off quite often [free ..heh] and the little computer gets a red X on it when it drops. This time when my mouse froze, I saw a red X on it and started thinking problem may be that, so I unplugged it. Could that be my issue? And how can it be????
If you have both Wireless (free from Condo) and AT&T Ethernet, why are you using wireless? It's 1/2 the speed of a wired connection. Does the problem occur if you leave the USB wireless adapter unplugged?
No, it seems ok with the wired only. I guess there was a conflict between the two. So that is solved. At this moment I am using the wireless adapter. So basically how do you speed up this connection? Or is that a new topic? :(
Wireless is slower than wired, about 50% unless you upgrade to Wireless N, but then you need a Wireless N router and a Wireless N device in the computer.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI