This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browser redirects even after fresh XP OS Install

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All, I have a quick question.. I have been working on the software trouble shooting since some time and the newest thing to suprise me is this.. A customer called in saying that he has a browser redirect issue.. I ran the hijackthis and was able to move unwanted details/entried.. I also ran malwarebytes, trojan remover and superantispyware on both safemode as well as on normal mode.. now when i try to search anything in yahoo.com or in google.com it redirects but bing.com works fine.. The customer's machine had multiple issues and an operating system re-installation was inevitable so I did a an OSRI (complete format install) . After the network driver installation I tried going online (which it did) and was really suprised that the browser redirection was still happening in the same fashion. Its the same case with IE, mozilla firefox and chrome. We even tried connecting it to a different network just to be sure its not an infected DNS. Can someone please help me as its killing me within to know why exactly is this hapenning even after a clean OSRI :-( Looking forward for your thoughts, regards, Sunil
What does ping respond with for www.google.com?

Click on Start then Run, copy and paste the following, exactly as shown, into the Run box then click Go or Press Enter. After a few seconds a notepad window will open. Copy and paste the data there in a response here then close the notepad window. When you do that the pingresp.txt file will be deleted.

cmd /c ping www.google.com 2>&1> pingresp.txt & notepad pingresp.txt & del pingresp.txt

On my system, I get:

Pinging www.l.google.com [74.125.47.147] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.125.47.147:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 27ms

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI