Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91819 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browser redirects even after fresh XP OS Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vsn0912

vsn0912

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi All, I have a quick question.. I have been working on the software trouble shooting since some time and the newest thing to suprise me is this.. A customer called in saying that he has a browser redirect issue.. I ran the hijackthis and was able to move unwanted details/entried.. I also ran malwarebytes, trojan remover and superantispyware on both safemode as well as on normal mode.. now when i try to search anything in yahoo.com or in google.com it redirects but bing.com works fine.. The customer's machine had multiple issues and an operating system re-installation was inevitable so I did a an OSRI (complete format install) . After the network driver installation I tried going online (which it did) and was really suprised that the browser redirection was still happening in the same fashion. Its the same case with IE, mozilla firefox and chrome. We even tried connecting it to a different network just to be sure its not an infected DNS. Can someone please help me as its killing me within to know why exactly is this hapenning even after a clean OSRI :-( Looking forward for your thoughts, regards, Sunil

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

What does ping respond with for www.google.com?

Click on Start then Run, copy and paste the following, exactly as shown, into the Run box then click Go or Press Enter. After a few seconds a notepad window will open. Copy and paste the data there in a response here then close the notepad window. When you do that the pingresp.txt file will be deleted.

cmd /c ping www.google.com 2>&1> pingresp.txt & notepad pingresp.txt & del pingresp.txt

On my system, I get:

Pinging www.l.google.com [74.125.47.147] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=54
Reply from 74.125.47.147: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.125.47.147:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 27ms

Edited by Ztruker, 04 August 2010 - 05:00 PM.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.