This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hey everyone!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey, My name is Michael and I live in a town about 20 minute away from Boston, MA. I'm currently 18 years old and I will start attending UMASS Lowell majoring in International Business in the fall. I'm currently taking flying lessons and I have my Private Pilots license so I'm a pretty big flight simmer. I joined this forum since I want to further my knowledge with computers, I know a little basic stuff like how to install a graphics card but that's about it, I plan on building my own computer soon so I decided to join this forum so I can get some help, so I'm sorry to say this but you can all expect to see about the 1000'th I need help thread in the hardware build forum, lol. Anyways just thought I'd say hello!
Hello Michael and :welcome: Glad to have you aboard. You'll get some excellent advice in the hardware forum - good luck with your new system, and with your flying :) Best wishes JonTom
Hello Michael, Congrats on your Pilots License, and on being accepted into UMASS Lowell. You've picked an exciting and important field of study. I'm sure your flight simm activity is more than just a hobby, and computers in general have become essential tools and almost a way of life. but maybe we can help with the "hobbyist" in you as you take on your building adventures.
Hi Michael, I'm kind of partial to Cessna's myself but Cherokees have their perks. I do like the Cherokee Six - 300 once you get used to the fuel system. I tend to prefer the high wing set-up because in my part of the world we get to do some back country flying and those low wings don't do well on dirt strips. Besides, I like the shade of the wings on hot days. You say you have your PPL yet you are taking flight training. Are you working towards your instrument rating? Anyhow… good luck and welcome to WTT.
:wavey: Hello Michael Wow, pilot's licence at so young an age - my congratulations to you. Good luck with the computer-building but I'm sure that with some excellent help from this great forum you'll manage well. Best wishes with your studies also Regards Satchfan.