Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook 'delete' hangs & unwanted Exchange Server account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bar457

bar457

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

I have Outlook 2003 running with XP Prof. SP3 I have two problems I would like help with:- 1. When I first open Outlook, trying to delete emails, it just hangs for 2-3 minutes. This happens several times until eventually it starts working correctly with immediate deletion and is then ok until the next time I start Outlook. 2. I took over this work computer which had already been set up with an Exchange Server Account. I now use this at home for personal use and do not need the Exchange Server account, but it still tries to check for emails on this account and then registers an error when it cannot access the account. Can I easily remove this account, or is it easier to just leave it well alone. Help with these issues will be much appreciated. regards bar457

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Your Outlook is probably trying to make connection to an Exchange Server account, left over from when your machine was part of your business network. When your Outlook is open, select Tools - E-mail Accounts Select - View or change existing e-mail accounts. Select any that are not your own accounts and use the Remove button Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 bar457

bar457

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

It is trying to access the Exchange Server account which was indeed set up for the business. I had already tried to remove that account but it says that I cannot close this account for mail, contacts, calender. I must create a new location for this personal data before I can do that. I have no idea what info might be in this account data files, or indeed whether any data I have been adding has been going in there. I thought this was a server mail account, but it sounds like it might have all of my contact data etc as well that I have been adding. rgds

#4 bar457

bar457

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

Hi Doug Hope you got my reply ok. Any other ideas, or should I just leave it alone and live with the error every time send /receive is activated. By the way, at the bottom task bar in Outlook, there is a constant mesage saying "This folder was last updated on 20/10/2005". What does this mean and why is it showing what must be the start date for using this computer ? rgds bar457