This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Company of Heroes installation problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I recently purchased the game online through THQ and it was the PC download version. After finally downloading the entire package I clicked install, but after I click "Install" from the the autorun menu, the supposedly running "gameinst.exe" does not show up. What I mean by that is: the task manager shows that the application is running, but nothing pops up. The screen remains the same and nothing new pops up at all. Since I have Win7, I tried compatibility mode (XP SP3, run as admin). I also tried disabling my antivirus, to no avail. Could someone please help me with this? Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI