Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

printing web pages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

17072010_041742.jpg ie explorer 8 web page printing hi my browser IE8 has stopped printing web pages it shows text but no images, any ideas please. the pages display perfectly on the screen when browsing.a strange thing is i have noticed that web pages encoded in western european script appear to be ok. i have checked that java is upto date. i attach a couple of screen captures to show the problem vince29

Attached Thumbnails

• 17072010_041835.jpg

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

May be caused by an Add-on. Try running IE8 without them.

Click Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter or click on Go.

If the problem goes away, start IE8 normally, then click on Tools then Manage Add-ons. Disable a few at a time until you find the one causing the problem then uninstall it if you can, otherwise just leeave it disabled.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

thanks for the ideas but still the same problem vince29

#4 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

From my 'tips and tweaks' files I found this. Give it a try Vince:

"By default, Internet Explorer (and some other browsers too, like Opera or Maxthon for instance) prints a webpage without any background images or colors. To print a webpage with all the background images or colors, open Internet Explorer and go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced. In the Settings window, you will need to scroll down until you find the Printing->Print background colors and images option and check it. After you did that press Apply, then Ok and this should solve the printing problem".

http://www.novapdf.c...orectly-65.html

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#5 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

many thanks but i had already thought of this one still no good though.