This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Printer Error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I try to print something, the "Save As" box comes up asking where I want to save it. When I cancel that, a "Printer Error" box comes up saying, "An Unknown Error Occurred While Printing." I've done the following: –Uninstall, then Reinstall printer (when prompted to print a test page after reinstallation, it prints normally.) –Reboot Computer –Reset regional settings in control panel. –Restored computer to the day before problem. –Run anti-malware –Run spyware. –Run anti-virus Thanks for any help or direction.
Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Sorry to hear of the problems with printing; Please try this and report back what happens: 1 Click on Start 2 Click on Run 3 in the white box type notepad 4 Click OK A white box labelled notepad will open. type Paws printer test 1 5 Hold down the Ctrl key and whilst holding it down tap the p key on the keyboard once only 6 you should get a print dialog box opening that shows the name of your printer( check that this is shown correctly) and by following the onscreen directions your printer should start printing 7 Let us know if it does and if it doesn't…. what happens. regards paws
Hi again, Paws. Problem all fixed. I hate to tell you…….I went into the system to be sure my printer was the default printer, but I didn't notice that it wasn't the printer listed when I tried to print. Sorry to have wasted your time. Thanks for being there.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI