Hi, I'm very frustrated and getting nervous hoping that I don't have motherboard issues. I have a 1-1/2 year old HP Pavillion 9700 Series Laptop, 4GB RAM, AMD Turion ™ 64x2 Mobile Tech TL-64 2.10 GHz, 64-bit OS, Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1 Conexant High Def 221 Audio I'm away visiting in Europe and after checking the specs of the Laptop, it shows it could take both 110/220 v (being that in Europe the power is all 220 as opposed to our 110 set up in the states. I'm using an adapter for the past 3 months and noted about two months ago, it started overheating and shuttiing down. No problems other than my sound seemed awfully low when watching free videos online until days ago the sound started cutting off and I would reset. .I got tired of that and decided to uninstall my sound device in the device manager and removed the drivers and also forgot to unplug first but I opened the battery case while all was on (I'm not sure if that is a problem). After restarting again, the sound came on but would quickly cut off so I went to sound, playback, recording screen and right clicked on the Conexant button and selected to"manually locate drivers" and I accidently chose the wrong driver and before I could stop it the computer shut down. During this time a prompt kept coming up saying HP Quck Touch was not starting. After this is when all the problems came. When I attempted a restart it would hang on blackscreen and I would have to hard boot and when I ttried the repair I got a message back Event Name StartupRepair V2 1 AutoFail Over 2 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000 3 3 4 65537 5 Unknown 6 0x7e 7 0 8 2 9 WrpRepair 10 2 (Problem Signature) OS Version 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID 1033 I tried to system restore and all of my restore points disappeared and then hung on blackscreen again. After trying I could not get into Safe Mode, Log on with last known working config, or any of the other choices on the F8 screen. I was only allowed into Safe mode with Command Screen and once run I kept hanging on "windows/drivers/crcdsk.sys". I then hardbooted (only way to get out of hanging on blackscreen) and went into BIOS and ran diagnostics and checked all setting and didn't see any problems. I tested HDD and Memory and both came back wtih no problems. I was able to get the desktop on when I shut down and started from the off position but not every time. When I got on, the sound said "Cannot find audio device". At that time I had problems with Quck Touch (saying APPCRASH HPKBDAPP.exe, 1.0.0.4, 46dcfld5, HPKBDAPP.exe, 1.0.0.4, 4466dcfld5, c0000005), keyboard not working on and off, and the sound again when the actions came back " WINDOWS Shell component Common dll not responding". System is telling me to use the Vista Install disk and do repair but mine was factory installed, so I made a Vista RE disc and when I reset the boot to go to DVD first the test would not go through and came back with the following error: unknown bugcheck 7e Parameters 0xffffffffc0000005 0xfffffa60047d8e94 0xfffffa610019f5408 0xfffffa60019f4de0 Repair Action=System Files Integrity check and repair result failed error code 0x2 I gave up and did a factory restall. It started downloading my updates after the restore was done and the sound was working. When I went to shut down, it hung again on the restart with the last entry as "crcdsk.sys". I then did the System Integrity Check for all three and all came up with no errors. I was able to uninstall 3 updates I read that were problems and the sound would ot go on.. The next day I turned on and the sound was on and I had installed updates for the Quick touch but again the sound went out and now it is sitting on the "no device installed". At one point I did get a message that there was at least one file corrution but it was too quick and I don't remember when it was exactly. I can do everything and the sound does go on and off and there is still BSOD on restart but all else is working. I just can't seem to isolate the issue. I dont get how one said there was an error with file integrity but yet all the tests came back with no errors. I am at a loss and getting desperate. Being that when I try a repair now it says to install the vista cd, I was wondering since i don't have it do you think it would work if I got the upgrade disk for Windows 7 and that would correct any corruptions or missing files. Being that everthing else works and sound comes on and off shouldn't that mean its a missing file extention or incombatibilty issue? Any help would be so appreciated. I don't know what else to do. Being Im in another country I can't convey all this info properly being they don't speak too much English. Thanks for anyones time. Dawn