starscream59
Topic Starter
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me input advice or a potential system build. My uses would be fairly heavy gaming, and normal use (browsing, word processing, etc.).
I need advice on RAM: What to use? What speeds would be most provide the most "bang for the buck" ? What Capactiy would be the most beneficial for the money?
( I would prefer at least 4GB's, seeing as one of my primary uses would be gaming also, the ablilty to multitask efficiently with demanding programs such as Cakewalk, Photoshop, and Inventor open at the same time.)
CPU: What should I use (especially with all the new processors that have been released this between this year and last)?
Graphics Card: I would prefer to use a ATI 5000 series.
Motherboard: (Compatible with the above obviously and with lots of USB ports, preferably onboard FireWire as well.)
Hard Drive: preferably 500GB+ (I have alot of music, pictures, programs,etc)
(Also the expansion of multiple hard drives later on would be nice as well.)
Optical Drive (Really have no preference other than being able to burn CDs and DVD's. I don't really have a need for blu-ray.)
Case: (Decent Cooling, don't really mind noise of fans but I don't really want it to sound like a helicopter is hovering in my room. A couple extra hard drive expansion bays would be nice. An easy to work inside of case with room for upgrades would be nice. Aesthetically, I'm not picky as to what color, blue, red and green all look nice I would prefer the case to look at least sort of cool.
OS: I have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
I appreciate everyone's input!
Thanks,
Starscream59.
P.S I will be spending around an additional $200 over the next couple months, but for now I just want something to get me going..