This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Building Gaming PC - Budget 1300 or less - Suggestions and help vastly

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks for taking the time to read this and (hopefully) reply. :thumbup:
((Suggestions and help vastly *appreciated* sorry for typo))
I'm after a good gaming pc that'll run anything besides Crysis with no noticeable lag for the next year or so, with potential to upgrade as time rolls on. I'm not savvy enough to build the computer myself yet, so I found this site www.ibuypower.com, its partnered with the military ( nice discount ) and builds computers then ships 'em to you.

From them I managed to come up with this build, for $1148 after discount. Keyboard and mouse come with 3$ each. Already have monitor/speakers.

Any suggestions as to what I should change/improve would be greatly appreciated. :notworthy:

Processor
[== Six Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU Processor Cooling

Processor Cooling
Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [AMD]

Memory
4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card
ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 1GB - Single Card

Motherboard
ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE – AMD 760G/SB710 Chipset w/ Integrated ATI video, 8-channel, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, PCI-E MB

Power Supply
700 Watt – Power Supply SLI Ready

Primary Hard Drive
1 TB HARD DRIVE – 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Flash Media Reader/Writer
12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black

Sound Card
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit


These were add-ons under the services section, I was wondering if they are worth it or not? :wacko:
Advanced Build Options 10$
Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks
Advanced Build Options - 19$
Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
im sort of in the same boat you are i cant really build my own and im around the same budget and everything. I have heard that ibuypower is not the best company, but that was only from person so maybe its worth it with this discount. a great website is newegg.com they seem to have some pretty good deals
If your main interest is gaming and general home computing you might want to avoid a 64bit OS at the moment. Just type into Google: "Gaming problems with 64bit OS". Have a good read and a think!

The BIG advantage with 64bit is for heavy-duty office apps. designed to benefit from 64bit.

Is that you?

If you have them, are 64bit drivers available for your Sound System, Printer, Scanner etc?
What about all the programs you intend to use for your new OS, are they all available in 64bit?

If you don't know the answer to the above 2 questions, now is the time to find out.

For me personally, I'm going to wait for another 2yrs. when all the 64bit hardware, gaming and software 'issues' are no longer around. Only then and if I can see a real benefit for my PC usage requirements, will I upgrade. Until then, my 32bit W7 and XP are both doing a sterling job here without heartache. I'm also going to wait another 2yrs to move up from my AMD 64 Athlon duel core (2.7GHz) to a Quad core CPU. Six cores (best for office apps. again)? Probably never.

For your (real) PSU requirements, I'd visit the link below and NOT the New Egg Power Supply calculator (they sell PSU's). Add 20 to 30% more and that's all the power you will ever need.


ULTIMATE GUIDE:eXtreme Power Supply Calculator:

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I run a 520w Corsair PSU (80%+ certified) and the fan doesn't even spin until I hit a 20% load and I have a couple of HD's, a powerful Vid. Card and 6 fans etc. The only time the PSU fan spins is when I'm playing an intensive game and I doubt I'm using even half it's power even then. It would run SLI 24/7, no problems!

Whatever PSU you do buy, go 'quality', not 'quantity'. 620w would be tops for a SLI combo (you might manage to use 400-450w in an intensive game …just) and 500w is plenty for a single card regardless of card choice. CPU's and Vid. Cards use LESS power nowadays, not more and the move is towards even less power requirements still. So save some money on a power supply, but buy quality '80%+ certified', not 'up to 80%' rubbish.

Cheers,
Lee :thumbup:

PS: Opps, wrong url address above. Now it's right!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI