Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Server not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 violetrosewood

violetrosewood

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Ok so my internet was working just fine but my laptop's battery died and my husband turned it back on and he couldnt get on the internet.

When I try to get on Firefox I get this message:

Server Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at search.conduit.com.
  • check the adress for typing errors such as ww.example.com insted if www.example.com
  • if you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
  • if your computer or network is protected by firewall or proxy, make sure that firefox is permitted to access the web

there is normally a little computer in the bottom right of my screen that shows weather or not I have internet but its not there at all.
So I went to start then to *Connect to* and it shows no networks at all, so I went to *Set up a connection or network* then to *conect to internet,
next *No, create a new connection* the to *wireless* then it says windows cannot find any networks.

I turned my computer off last night and when I turned it on this morning a message popped up and says...
NSDTray.exe -Bad image
C;/Windows/system32/wlanutil.dll is either not designed to run on
Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again
using the original installation media or contact your system
administrator or the software vender for support.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hello Violet. You didn't provide any details about the make and model of your laptop which would prove helpful here. Please provide enough identifying information so we can look up specific information about your laptop. Because I don't know of the actual make and model of your laptop. I can only suggest two general items. One, make sure that the wireless switch has not been switched off accidentally. Every laptop has a switch or a special function key (press FN + <key>) to enable and disable the wireless adapter. Two, the drivers or software for your wireless card may be corrupt and it needs to be downloaded and reinstalled from the manufacturer's support website.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hello Violet.

You didn't provide any details about the make and model of your laptop which would prove helpful here. Please provide enough identifying information so we can look up specific information about your laptop.

Because I don't know of the actual make and model of your laptop. I can only suggest two general items.

One, make sure that the wireless switch has not been switched off accidentally. Every laptop has a switch or a special function key (press FN + <key>) to enable and disable the wireless adapter.

Two, the drivers or software for your wireless card may be corrupt and it needs to be downloaded and reinstalled from the manufacturer's support website.

Sorry to add to this appleoddity, but as appleoddity said here > Two, the drivers or software for your wireless card may be corrupt and it needs to be downloaded and reinstalled from the manufacturer's support website.

Go into your control panel and under your device manager look to see if your wirless network does not have a red x across it or a yellow question mark or if it shows up at all, it may also be that the device may have failed on you. But if it is showing up and all looks normal try what appleoddity said to see if that works.

Edited by Jimbo1, 22 June 2010 - 08:49 AM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)