Not a big issue as I can use the scroll bar ok.
the left/right buttons work ok.
The cursor works ok.
The wheel does scroll but keeps going for another few lines before stopping.
If I rotate the wheel one click it moves up about 5 times in a jerky movement, scrolling maybe a half page too much.
I have dismantled and cleaned and can see no issues.
Any ideas.
thanks
I have checked the settings on control panel for mousse and set the scroll `one line`
To be honest not too sure what the settings should be.
Could it be a driver out of date?
The settings can be adjusted to your own preference. Mine are set to 3. You could try updating the driver to see if it helps. Drivers can become corrupt.
Might also be a lot of background activity. Open the performance tab in the Task Manager and keep an eye on your CPU and memory usage. If it seems to be maxed out continuously, might want to have someone else here take a look.
Is the mouse the only thing you're having issues with so far?
Yes it is only the mouse, I have switched to another mouse and that works ok.
The ok one is an IBM.
The `jerky` one is a dell.
I dont think its the CPU as when using the ok one and then swap it starts going jerky again so tends to say its the mouse, rather than a PC problem.