EDIT!!!!

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW TOPIC TO HELP ME OUT!
It is much more shorter and concise!

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Build_Parts_…ad_t112555.html

THANKS!!!












Hello everyone.

I want to build a multimedia/gaming pc on a tight budget, under $900 but max is $1000. Money is a huge issue, especially in this economy but upgrades are possible in the future. I need this computer to be able to multi task with no lags whatsoever. That means having multiple webpages open, playing video/music, and multiple documents open too. It also has to be able to run Sony Vegas Pro9 and render in full HD. Adobe products such as cs5 will also have to run. For these high memory consuming programs, there will be nothing running in the background. It also has to be able to play games such as Bad Company 2, Split Second, Crysis, and other high quality games. BTW this computer is Black and Red themed! LED's should be red! Now to the hardware!


So far, based on the research I made, these are some parts.

I would buy an i7 but considering the budget, I might go with amd phenom x4 black ed. or the base model of x6. Which one is better? what about the i5?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…3-471-_-Product [AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition] $125.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…3-851-_-Product [AMD Phenom II X6 1055T] $199.99

For the RAM, I will be running win7 64-bit so i would like 8gigs of DDR3. if 6 gigs will be cheaper…..will 6 gigs be enough to support everything i want to be doing? if not, ill go with 8gigs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…1-353-_-Product [G.SKILL PI 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600] $269.99
OR
2 of http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16820231274 [G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)] for cheaper at $203.98

Now the 3D Graphics Card has to be good too. I want to run dual monitors for ease of use and for better gaming/video editing. should i buy one better card or 2 cheaper ones with crossfire? eyefinity support too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…0-490-_-Product [XFX HD-587X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5870] This would be overkill and I am sure i do not have the money for it.
how about these? do these support eyefinity?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…0-462-_-Product [XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 ] $159.99
will that be enough? if not, what about
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…0-481-_-Product [XFX HD-583X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5830] $239.99
i know this one does but it is a little bit more expensive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…0-491-_-Product [XFX HD-585X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5850] $309.99
i think these cards are too much money for me considering i still need to buy a lot of parts……any suggestions?? I really like the 5850 though.

Now for the Motherboard, I really need you guys to help me! I read that there are compatibility issues if not chosen correctly. It has to support the stated cpu, ram, and graphics card. I do not know if i should spend a lot of money on a expensive one or just get a cheap, usable one. I want this to be around $100 is possible. i have no clue what to buy so suggestions please!

Does the CPU come with the cooling fan? if it does, is that enough? or do i have to buy an aftermarket heatsink…..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…3-001-_-Product [XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler] $26.99
is that one good? or is it too much? i really want to spend as little money on this as possible so if there is a cheaper alternative, please speak up! thanks.

As for the Internal Hard Drive, i really need a cheap, reliable one….nothing too big. from 500gig-750gig should be fine.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16822136218 [Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB] $69.99
any cheaper ones? please tell!

For the DVD Burner, it is not necessary for this computer but a cheap one would work.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16827135204 [ASUS Black CD/DVD Burner] $22.99

What kind of power supply do I need? is a 1000w needed? would a 700w be fine? how many connecting ports do i need?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…1-018-_-Product [OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ] $89.99

Now i need a case that will fit all of the above, and have extras too.
for the sound card, do i have to buy a separate one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16829102007 [Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-bit] $29.99 Cheap!
OR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16829102024 [Creative 70SB088000004 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express 1x Interface PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium] $79.99 Expensive.

what about media card readers and usb? any suggestions? do thses come with the pc case?

What PC case should fit all these and have good fans/airflow/ventilation with red LED's?
something like this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16811112241 [LIAN LI ARMORSUIT PC-P50R Red] $199.99
but costs wayyyyy too muchh!!! it is a beauty though! and I think a bigger graphics card would not fit. Case should be under $100.


This goes over my budget and that is not good. Please i need your help and suggestions! is everything i stated necessary? can i get lower spec products? what are alternatives that cost less? are some parts bad quality? please answer!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!