This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 7 64x Host file not blocking websites

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

First i open Notepad as an admin, then I go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc - And select "Host."
I put in 127.0.0.1 (and the website I'm attempting to block) I restart my browser, and Nothing happens(Browser i'm using is firefox but it seems it isn't blocked in IE either.)

[external image: Posted Image]
Screen-shot of my host file - am i doing something wrong?

For the life of me i can't figure it out!
Restarting the browser won't activate the host file changes you made.

I believe

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew


will or simply do a reboot and see what happens. I was using the MVPS Hosts file for awhile but had to give it up as it interfered with several web sites I use, including Orbitz.

Restarting the browser won't activate the host file changes you made.

I believe

ipconfig / release
ipconfig /renew


will or simply do a reboot and see what happens. I was using the MVPS Hosts file for awhile but had to give it up as it interfered with several web sites I use, including Orbitz.


For some reason when try to ipconfig /release i get a message saying "no operations can be performed on Local Area Connection* 9 while its media is disconnected?"

the hell?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI