This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Recover photos/videos from a memory stick?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

It had never happened to me, but finally it happened. I accidentally erased all the files I had on a memory stick before transfering them to my pc. I have looked around and found some programs that supposedly can recover these files. Im just wondering if they actually work, and if so, which would be a good program to buy? Thanks..
Hi Sorry to hear of the problem with the memory stick……..but we have all done it!…
First don't try and format the stick or copy any data to or from it……the files may still be "there" but currently inaccessible…. if you write any data to the stick you risk overwriting the files that you want to recover….
Next you will need a good file recovery program…. PC Inspector is good and also free…
Here's the link
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pcinspector.html
When attempting the recovery make sure you write the recovered files to your hard drive and not the stick!
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Regards
paws
Thanks for the link to the program. Apparently all the files, like you said, are "there". But I can't recover them, I guess I'm doing something wrong. It did recover a couple of pictures, but I am more interested in the videos, and although I can copy the files to my hard drive, they are unusable. But my hopes are up since the files are there… is there anything else I can do??? Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI