This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hello All!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi I have just signed up and I really like what I see! I want to be able to find solutions (trojans) and I think I am in the right place now. I am a slightly geeky chick - but I am really lost at times if my AVG doesn't just handle it all (boy! that doesn't sound geeky at all! lol)! And according to what I am reading here, I need a little more than just AVG! So I have some catching up to do! I am from the Midwest USA. And a Second Life junkie! Glad to find this site!!!

I am sitting here on my daughter's laptop while I scan my desktop for a java trojan downloader! Hopefully that is all I am doing but looks like I may need to do more from reading the posts on here recently! Darn! But glad I found you!

:woot:

MsManna
Every utility was new and unknown when first released.
Some become reliable mainstream standards, some don't.
Early adopters may blaze the trail, guiding the rest of us to the next best innovation.
More often, even the most exciting ideas take time to develop and prove their worth.

Immunet Protect must still be considered "new and unproven", especially in light of some reviews that place it in the low 50% range for detection.
Additionally, the interesting notion of making it a social network effort may eventually prove to be a useful feature, but to the contrary may be an annoyance of little value while adding "spam-like" communication between users and out to new contacts.
This "social network" aspect may prove beneficial, or may simply be a marketing idea.

In the meantime, there are plenty of good and well proven utilities available.
Here's an overview: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=98700

New utilities can certainly be mentioned in our discussions, but caution should be employed by adopters.
Think first of establishing a good security base-line before relying upon new and unproven tools.

Best Regards