This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 7 Internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm running windows 7 and for whatever reason almost all my programs are unable to connect to the internet. I have 1 working game and my primary browser (firefox) up and running but Internet Explorer, other games, anything that uses an internet connection will not connect. Is there any way to fix this?
Tell us more about this…

From your infections removal Topic: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?s=…st&p=653109

I bought windows 7 online and just downloaded it so I don't have a repair installation DVD, is there some way to go about getting one?


I ask, because we may need a full installation media, from which to extract the needed element, and/or in a worst case, possibly a repair install.

Best Regards
Well I managed to find the .exe's for my windows installation and could go about making an installation DVD. Last thing I did was just re-run the .exe's and reinstall windows but I only kept a copy of my product identification key thinking it was my product key so now I can't validate the install. I bought my product too long ago for windows to let me use support without paying so I haven't tried to go through that channel to see if I can get a new key. But anyway, the means for making a repair disc are there.
I managed to find my product key, just purchased it from the microsoft store and not from Digital river like I thought, but I can't activate by internet because it can't establish a connection.
This problem still exists. Most programs are unable to access the internet. Re-installing windows does not solve the problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI