This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ie gets slower and slower - not malware ?

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Have tried using the internal test socket which has not changed anything for the tree site. Once I get the error, even I stop the browser I cannot navigate to another page on the site, I have to close the browser. At the moment I am not getting an error displayed indicating an unknown page, but just a freeze. I can't get anything similar with other sites

which has not changed anything for the tree site.
Once I get the error, even I stop the browser I cannot navigate to another page on the site, I have to close the browser.
At the moment I am not getting an error displayed indicating an unknown page, but just a freeze.

This is consistent with the coding errors on the website concerned…you could always take it up with Clive Anderson …….. I believe he is still president at the moment!
How are you finding things with other sites…BBC for example?…any similar problems?
Regards
paws
I don't get freezes in the same was as for the tree site. Things might be slow in downloading at times but these could easily be the ISP and the amount of content to download. As otherwise things appear to be running ok I think it is best to close this issue down and I can always open a new one if the problem starts reappearing elsewhere. thx bladesfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI