This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

bunch of different Problems!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I Know im new but I have this serious problem and need it Fixed So I can continue with School, Below is the problem Hi I just Bought a Modified Cable Modem .. In Order for it to Work all I Had to do was change the dns numbers. Which I did. But the modem kept rebooting itself and disconnecting me, so I did a system restore and now I Can't get on the internet at all, I have a sb4200 Surfboard cable modem and it says in my network connection that its enabled but not connected .. I tried to release and renew my ip address but didn't work. My current settings are Windows XP Service Pack 1 Physical address: 00-00-00-00-00-00 IP Address: 169.254.0.0 Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0 DNS Servers: 4.2.2.3 …. 4.2.2.4
Who is your internet service provider. Is your MAC address correctly associated with your subscribed account? Your best course of action may be to contact customer support at your ISP and request assistance with setting up your modem on that account.
I Don't know how to change or view my MAC address .. And I have comcast Cable but the internet is Modified so im not sure I Can still call them ?

I Don't know how to change or view my MAC address .. And I have comcast Cable but the internet is Modified so im not sure I Can still call them ?


That's just it, … from the above.
I don't have any first hand experience with the procedure and do not recommend it, particularly because it may violate paid subscription agreements.
But the "modified modem" idea was designed to allow your local system to access the cable internet source at a higher rate than ordinarily allowed with your paid subscription.

The ISP and Cable companies "caught on" a long time ago and modified their "bin" scripting to prevent such activity.

If I were in your situation, I would contact my ISP/Cable Provider, describe the brand and model of my modem, and request assistance with setup.
If, after walking through their standard setup routine, you are still unable to obtain a reliable internet connection, then you will need a different modem.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI