Software
Windows XP freeze at shutdown/restart
1 min read
steve0h
Topic Starter
Everytime i shutdown or restart my computer, it hangs, showing just the wallpaper on my screen. Then after 10 minutes or so it'll continue to the "windows is shutting down" screen and just freezes there forever. I have no clue what happened. This started to happen after i got cleaned out some maleware and spyware. Help please! ASAP!! I dont want to end up losing all my datas!!
System:
XP Pro Performance Edition
Service Pack 3
Computer Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 5600+
2.91 ghz, 3gb RAM
Jimbo1
Everytime i shutdown or restart my computer, it hangs, showing just the wallpaper on my screen. Then after 10 minutes or so it'll continue to the "windows is shutting down" screen and just freezes there forever. I have no clue what happened. This started to happen after i got cleaned out some maleware and spyware. Help please! ASAP!! I dont want to end up losing all my datas!!
System:
XP Pro Performance Edition
Service Pack 3
Computer Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 5600+
2.91 ghz, 3gb RAM
Hiya Steveoh.
Sorry to hear about your problems, you said this started to happen after i got cleaned out some maleware and spyware?.
1. What programs did you use to remove Malware and Spyware? Reason I ask you still may have some left overs cauing you some problems.
2. It may be best to head over to the Malware Section to have them take a look to be sure your system is free from infections.
3. Once cleared of any infections and if the problems still exist, then report back here.
Here is the link of how to do this.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388
Jimbo
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI