This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] ie gets slower and slower

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Clean up with OTL:
  • Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

After the above, reboot and let me know how it's running.
Have run OTL as admin and selected Cleanup which didnt last too long, though didnt expect OTL to be cleaned up as well ;) After reboot I am still getting the problem with the test pages. Having skimmed through a topic with similar sounding description I wondered if it might also be .net related as I have .net framework installed.

Have run OTL as admin and selected Cleanup which didnt last too long, though didnt expect OTL to be cleaned up as well ;)
After reboot I am still getting the problem with the test pages.

Having skimmed through a topic with similar sounding description I wondered if it might also be .net related as I have .net framework installed.

I really don't know.
I'd suggest you start a new thread in our Browsers Froum as I don't see any more infections.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI