I am at a complete loss. I run Windows XP Pro along with Sygate and AVG. Out of the blue on reboot Sygate nor AVG loaded at startup and I cannot get them to run. I noticed I have fewer processes running on startup. Some file icons have changed to generic. I use emule and my download average is way less than it usually is, even with my high ID. Then I received an email from my ISP that said there had been alot of SPAM sent out from my computer and that I should check for a virus or malware. I downloaded HijackThis to my desktop, right away it had the generic icon and when I tried to install it I was asked what program I wanted to use to open this file. It didn't even view it as an application. I then downloaded it to my laptop on a jump drive. I cut off any access from my desktop to the internet and tried to install it from the jump drive, which locked up the system and I had to reboot. Then I tried to execute it via the run command and received the error "HijackThis.exe is not a valid Win32 application". WHAT? Now last but not least, I CANNOT EVEN BOOT MY COMPUTER IN SAFE MODE! Every time I try it just loops back thru the restart process until I agree to start Windows normally. I've never seen anything like this and I have no idea where to go from here. :rofl: Someone please help.