LDTate
Topic Starter
What the Tech Community
Required reading for all new members
2 min read
chrissy72
Sorry, I got server not found when I tried that link.
Tomk
For some reason that site appears to be down.
However it appears to still be in the Google cache. I don't know if the cache can be linked but here goes:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear…lient=firefox-a
However it appears to still be in the Google cache. I don't know if the cache can be linked but here goes:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear…lient=firefox-a
Jkc73
just copy paste to google and look at the cached versionFor some reason that site appears to be down.
However it appears to still be in the Google cache. I don't know if the cache can be linked but here goes:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear…lient=firefox-a
7th oct 2010 it stopped
chrissy72
Thankyou Tomk and Jkc73. Much appreciated. 
Jkc73
Is anyone able to gain access to this site?, I can't even get the cached page, so things look gloomy for new members being able to read it. 
Doug
Jkc73,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I remember reading that piece many years ago, and it was kinda old then.
Still had, and has some sensible advice and guidelines.
But it doesn't seem to be available.
We'll work on an alternative or remove this post. Don't know which just yet.
Much appreciated.
Doug
Blair
The original site is gone, while his real name was not Joe Hobart I think someone said he had died not just the page. Anyway it was one of Schwerv's favorites, and he got permission from the original author to repost it. You can find it here: http://schwerv.geekstogo.com/joehobart/postingguide.htm
Jkc73
With all due respects to the original author.
Thanks to Schwerv for re-posting.
Thanks to Schwerv for re-posting.
Deleted Member
Hi! I just clicked on the site posted at the beginning of the thread and it went through right away. Thank you so much for helping us newbies on this. I read further in the thread that some were having problems with the link…just wanted you to know its working now.

Jkc73
Thanks, Elizabeth ClareHi! I just clicked on the site posted at the beginning of the thread and it went through right away. Thank you so much for helping us newbies on this. I read further in the thread that some were having problems with the link…just wanted you to know its working now.
You can use either the re-posted link http://schwerv.geekstogo.com/joehobart/postingguide.htm or the original http://joehobart.com/postingguide.htm
Widdykats
I just joined to thank you for your wonder fixjava "fix* which it did and saved me more hours of trying to do something I couldn't do. But, How does one edit thir post? I was unable to edit a typo.
paws
Hi Widdykats and welcome to the WTT forums
appleoddity designed the fix you mentioned and he has a topic here,
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…04537&st=90
where I'm sure he would appreciate hearing from you.
The edit facility is only granted to new members when they have demonstrated (by making a number of satisfactory posts) that they are not spammers or folks who otherwise might want to abuse the forum….. Sorry if this inconvenienced you on this occasion, but I'm sure you will appreciate why we have to do this…too many bad guys around these days!
Please stick around…. there's plenty of good information here..and if you need anything just ask.
Regards
paws
appleoddity designed the fix you mentioned and he has a topic here,
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…04537&st=90
where I'm sure he would appreciate hearing from you.
The edit facility is only granted to new members when they have demonstrated (by making a number of satisfactory posts) that they are not spammers or folks who otherwise might want to abuse the forum….. Sorry if this inconvenienced you on this occasion, but I'm sure you will appreciate why we have to do this…too many bad guys around these days!
Please stick around…. there's plenty of good information here..and if you need anything just ask.
Regards
paws