This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

disc eraser

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Let me Google that for you. ;)

I personally like Eraser. It uses DBAN techology but with a GUI front end.



>>I keep trying 'Eraser' you refer to but it won't work. I do not understand the error message; somethink about pathways or network.
Any suggetions appreciated.

The exact error message would help.



>>I know I made a mistake -sorry.
I have since done a system restore but am leery of the Eraser after three tries.
Is there an alternative?
Well first, thanx for the referral. I was a bit shaky about replacing this external drive and luckily did a good image and verification on the desktop. When I had all that trouble with the Eraser, I wanted to 'rid' the laptop of all the junk I downloaded. One of the programs that I downloaded let you do one pass then you had to pay. I removerd it and one other scam then removed the Eraser. I recovered my laptop so it is running well. I suppose formatting will not remove most material and that is why there are erasers. Let me see what I can do and I will be back to you and let you know how things work out.
After running Norton , clearing caches etc., I tried Erasr again and it said it had to close and was sorry for the inconvenience. The error message was extremely long and I tried to paste it here unsuccessfully. I did use Disk Wipe and it worked very well. Wstern Digital was awful. They made 5 typos re: SN's and phone #' s in one day. I had to produce proof of my warranty duration as they had me down for to months, not two years. I do like MY Book Essentials and have erased the old and imaged and verified both pc's; one with Acronis and the other with Macrium. All ended well but it took a while and was trying. I wanted to update you and complete the thread i began in this forum. Thank you for the help along the way especially Disk Wipe.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI