Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Shameless Self Advertising!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mitchshrader

mitchshrader

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:15 AM

Doubt many know I'm close to officially opening a tech support website and forum, with a chatroom planned, and a newsletter.

Not like there aren't a Lot of em.. including this one. (which i've avoided mostly due to my own dev work, sorry, Tom)

Tis planned for July 4, 2004 as an opening day, and of course visitors are welcome, 'scuse the construction, it's normal.

And NO there won't be spam or popups, and NO there won't be any privacy violations.. BUT.. yes you'll have to register to post.

I gave that registration requirement some serious thought, and looked at a fast growing user group as a reason to avoid reg'ing.. and a degree of control over what folks post as a reason to require it.

Registration won on points. I'd love to see tons of visitors. Lots of people are put off by having to confirm intent. BUT.. to avoid some email harvesting, and pointless spam posts, and ease the job of banning idiots, registration helps.

So.. control or convenience? Eh, I went with control.

Just for drill, and if anyone wants to check it out.. I have a few faq's up, basic tutes, and appreciate suggestions for improvments.

here's one link to an editorial..

http://networktechsu...23&st=0#entry31

thanks. :unsure:
Mitch Shrader
http://networktechsupport.com

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 wawadave

wawadave

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:56 PM

if i rember i,ll whatch for it!!! :D

#3 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:00 PM

Nice Mitch. :thumbup:

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-