This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I want to make a forum

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys. Well I've made a freewebs site and I am wanting to make a forums too. I was originally wanting it to be simply a small forums for console and pc games sections, but it seems I need to expand this idea to help some people. On a well known star wars forum there is a sub forum that has political discussions among differing views. The mods there moderators are biased and only moderate against the differing opinion. While the posters of their opinion get a pass for breaking forum rules like cursing, posting inappropriate content, etc. I feel obligated to give these guys a forum. An alternative. The forum they are on is a VBullitan which allows for blog, pic galleries, and usergroups. I know nothing about making a forums. All I know is you need some software and a server/host. With the economy the way it is I would like something possibly free. And not a forum that requires you to post every 10 days or it gets removed. That isn't good because I'm not sure how active it will get. Common sense and wise decisions I believe is how things should be, but I've never moderated before. You guys know I've not gotten in trouble on this forums ever and that I'm okay I guess. Please help me to help these people have an alternative. Help me to have my console and pc games forum with a sub area for these guys. My hard drive is 230GB space. I've only used 25GB space. Maybe my space could be used in this somehow. I don't know if I can do this for them. But as the saying goes "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing". Thank you for any help you can provide.
Thanks. I'll see if they approve of things. Then the next step is to get mods and admins to moderate their specific forums they have juristicion over.

For the site, do you know of a way I can host a bunch of music files? I've been thinking about making a jukebox for the site. To provide an atmosphere by having different tunes to play while on the site. Know of anything that can host a bunch of files? Also what's the name of this music this guy uses? I've been thinking about using it for a homepage music. It's the music 3:00 minutes in the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0uYtm-b3O4

If the music is not online somewhere to download, is there a way I can record the music from the vid? Thanks.
Hi toruser,

You already have found this link about TechAnvil, so go to the forums on that site and post your questions there. Look to the left pane and it is there for the taking.

However, one caution for you to consider, copyright, so please be careful what songs you download from the internet and how you download them.

Others may have more ideas to help you.

kind regards,
So then for a copyright on my site should it read like this: This site is copyrighted to Freewebs.com, I LRPhoton disclaim all rights of avatars and music I use, they belong to their owners., © 2008 by LRPhoton

Where on this site in the left pane does it list the music for download?: http://www.techanvil.com/
BZZZZTTT, wrong answer! :lol:

The Copyright Tallin is talking about is for the music you want to use on your web site. It's also called DRM or Digital Rights Management. Most "free" music on the internet is in fact illegal and is obtained via P2P software like Limewire or Bearshare or it's ilk.

So if you setup a web site and make it publicly available, make sure everything on it is legal or the Internet Police will be looking for you :pullhair:

So then for a copyright on my site should it read like this: This site is copyrighted to Freewebs.com, I LRPhoton disclaim all rights of avatars and music I use, they belong to their owners., © 2008 by LRPhoton

Where on this site in the left pane does it list the music for download?: http://www.techanvil.com/


I don't mean to interupt you two, but if the Tech Anvil's music and the music I have for the site jukebox is legal is the above how I should phrase my copyright on my site?
Then as for the Tech Anvil music thing, you guys said it was on the left pane. Where specifically? I don't see it. Do you mean on their forum? Do you mean that midnight site thing? If so where on that site's left pane? How about you give me a more direct link? Thanks.
I understand that about the copyright. But as for teh Tech Anvil music where on the left tab is it? I can't find it. Can you give me a more direct link?
Okay. Well as for a file hosting site do you know of one that does it for free? Or do the free ones only allow you to host files for a certain time and have a certain amount of space to upload? If the files I'm hosting are ok to host.
'fraid I'm not much help with that one either, seems to be a string of no helps on this one, sorry.

I run my own web site on one of my own XP computers. I use Apache as the web server and do all my own programming so have never had any interest in looking at hosting sites. There have to be lots of them available, it's just a matter of sifting the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are probably forums devoted to this topic, just a matter of doing some Google searches to find them.

Free file sharing
Free web site hosting
Free web site hosting forums

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI