This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

can't access aol, gmail, or yahoo mail?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi - I can't seem to access gmail, aol, or yahoo mail on my laptop. If I type gmail.com, mail.yahoo.com, or www.aol.com into firefox, nothing happens - the page that I'm currently on just flashes back. Same thing if I click the gmail button on the google search page. If I try in IE, gmail.com, for example, goes to a google search with mail.gmail.com as the first option. If I click on mail.gmail.com, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display this website" error message. I tried googling about this problem, and I can't seem to find anyone else that has it??? Also, it does seem to correspond with me seeing a suspicious looking popup that I had a hard time getting away - so is this a virus problem??
Well, it is certainly a DNS problem. There are many reasons malware would, or could interfere with this.

So, unfortunately, yes, it may be a malware problem.

Please read here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…rs_t106388.html

Post a new topic here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Infections_Removal_f27.html

Be patient.. If you don't receive a response after 3 days, post a new topic here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t83910.html

After receiving an all clear, if you are still have problems, then we can assist you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI