This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Memory

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a computer that I picked up from someone to use for my kids. It runs slow so I figured I'd get some more memory. The memory stick says it's a P32M648HHC-75A 256 MB PC2100 DDR 0304 M00564 so I purchased a 1GB on line. I thought I bought the right one but when I put it in, it didn't do anything. The 1 GB memory sticks says 1 GB DDR 266 CL2.5 ECC Reg PC2100R-25330-N0. Did I get the totally wrong one? How come it doesn't work. I also noticed on the sight that it was a server RAM. If I did get the wrong one what should I be getting? Please advise, thanks!!! Mike
Thats almost certainly the wrong stick, at least for this system, you can't always just put any old stick of ram in, as you have found, some boards are fussy over the max size per stick, some even only accept single or double sided ram, so it's always best to check the makers sites for what they list as working with your board, all the ram makers (the main ones at least) have Configurator for this, and Crucial even scans the system for you, then once you have found what will\wont work you can get that model anywhere you like, but all the Configurator's will tell you what the max is, and what will work, it's the safest way to get ram, hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI