This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

AOL AIM pop up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I wasn't sure where to post this question so please move if necessary… Everytime I log onto AIM, I get a pop up that says: The following update is ready to install. Security Update-Critical:AOL has identified a security vulnerability that can be used to execute malicious code. To correct, install this update. You may need to shut down applications and restart your computer. Click here for details." There is only an "Install now" option or just to close out of it. Is this a legit installation or a virus? I installed the latest version of AIM about a month ago which is when the pop ups started. All the versions I've had before, I've never seen this pop up.