I found this; does it make sense to you and seem to apply to the files I showed? 50% say leave them and 50 % say fix it. It specifically refers to oice which are my files!!
The pc runs well but it would be nice to fix a malfunction if that is really the case. I do not understand the explanation at all beginning with 'right clicking the taskbar short cut' and 'most 'of the message. I am not skilled enough to grasp the directions if they would fix the issue. My thinking is that those icons or files in the temp location never used to be that numerous and alike. They were never that persistent either. I sense there is an issue and this discussion appears to address it. I hope it is accurate and can fix it if I could understand it. Do you understand what they mean? OICE in my temp location is what this addresses but the explanation is obver my head.
Peter
>>The OICE_XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXX folders have to do with Outlook attachments and their security descriptors.
If you are having trouble deleting them from your %TEMP% folder, close all open folders then right-click the taskbar shortcut or menu item for Explorer and choose Run as administrator. Acknowledge the UAC warning and provide credentials if asked. This will open Explorer with the elevated permissions you require to delete the folders/files. A quick jump to your temporary files folder can be made by typing %TEMP% into the address bar and hitting Enter.
You should now be able to delete anything that is not locked by an open process<<
I don't think that will work, but give it a try, won't hurt.
right-click the taskbar shortcut or menu item for Explorer and choose Run as administrator. Acknowledge the UAC warning
Click on Start, type explorer, right click on explorer.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Try deleting as described.
Do you use Outlook (part of Microsoft Office)?
Try installing Unlocker then open the temp folder and right click on each of the OICE_ folders and select Unlocker then Unlock. When that completes, try to delete the folder.
I don't think that will work, but give it a try, won't hurt.
right-click the taskbar shortcut or menu item for Explorer and choose Run as administrator. Acknowledge the UAC warning
Click on Start, type explorer, right click on explorer.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Try deleting as described.
Do you use Outlook (part of Microsoft Office)?
Try installing Unlocker then open the temp folder and right click on each of the OICE_ folders and select Unlocker then Unlock. When that completes, try to delete the folder.
I opened unlocker then followed the path to the folder where I chose to delete and it did. I missed the right click on the file that you told me to do. Hope it can be done either way. In the future it will be a right click.
I am off to see family for a while and will bring what I need to work on this. I will be in touch ashave to try to figure out thoe directions.
Thanks for hanging in,
I tried 3 images back to April and each had the same issue if that is any clue.
**I thought an afterthought was important.
With each of the June, April and March images, I was doing %temp% successfully and now that I imaged back to each of them, those files are present. It is as though I bring them along with me.
I'll let you know how that procedure works when time m allows-thanks P.
I forgot to answer one of your questions I have microsoft office home and student 2010 and I have my email program is outlook.com so my extension is. Live
—————————————————
[Update 7-07-15= I used Unlocker and those "oice" files are gone.
I gave DISM another shot before trying the procedure suggested, and it said all corruption repaired.
The reason for this post is to ask if the remaining files should be left alone in %temp% or removed with Unlocker?
Thank you]
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI