Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I E 8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 topfuelcoupe

topfuelcoupe

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hello Internet Exp 8.0 seems to be acting funny. Sometimes when I click on the Icon from the desktop it will start to open and then it just stalls and never loads. When this happens I have to X out and try to open again, at this time it will ask if I would like to restore a prev session or go to my home page at this point it will load however it just seems slower then it was. All other function on the PC are lighting fast such as going to My Doc's or program files ETC. Please advise me if I should reload IE 8.0.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hello
Internet Exp 8.0 seems to be acting funny. Sometimes when I click on the Icon from the desktop it will start to open and then it just stalls and never loads. When this happens I have to X out and try to open again, at this time it will ask if I would like to restore a prev session or go to my home page at this point it will load however it just seems slower then it was. All other function on the PC are lighting fast such as going to My Doc's or program files ETC. Please advise me if I should reload IE 8.0.

Hi topfuelcoupe (nice name!),

Personally, yes, i'd un-install IE8 and re-install it. Maybe even try your hand at using Opera, or Firefox to browse the web. Whilst most sites are made to be fully compatable with IE, i have never found it to be the 'lightest' browser and find it slower than the others. Of course, it's down to personal preference, but i find myself using Opera and rarely get a problem with it. Anyway, let me know how you get on, if you need any more help i'll be happy to advise.

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

You could try resetting IE8 first, then uninstall/reinstall later if necessary.

See here: http://windows.micro...orer-8-settings

Scroll down till you see these:

> To reset Internet Explorer automatically
> To reset Internet Explorer settings manually

Pick whichever one you want to use and expand it (click on the >)

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 topfuelcoupe

topfuelcoupe

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hi Ztrucker
I went with this See here: http://windows.micro...orer-8-settings
And things seem to be fine now. Thank you for your help. Topfuelcoupe

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

Glad it's fixed. The link you provided is bad. Looks like you copied the text being displayed for the link rather then right clicking and copying the link itself. It contains the ... of a link that has been shrunk to fit on a page. Can you try again?

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#6 Kyler_IE8_Team

Kyler_IE8_Team

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

Yep, I would reinstall, or at least reset the browser. This problem is often caused by a faulty add-on, so I generally run my IE8 with most, if not all add-ons disabled. Here is a like to guide you through reseting your browser:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Cheers,
Kyler
IE8 Outreach Team