Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE 8 Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 torapenion

torapenion

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

I am trying to install IE 8 on a computer and for some reason now whenever I run IE, my computer will freeze up. Does anybody know why this could be happening?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hello Torapenion, and welcome to WhatTheTech. The largest cause of problems with Internet Explorer are defective or problematic third party add-ons such as toolbars. The first thing to try, in order to get IE to behave, is to RESET internet explorer to default settings which will disable third party add-ons. To do this, open Control Panel, open Internet Options, click the Advanced tab, then click RESET. With IE8 you will have a checkbox about deleting personal files and settings. Please check this box. Go ahead and click Reset to start the process. When it is finished, restart IE8 and see how it works now. The first time you run IE8 (or IE7) after a reset you will be prompted to configure some personal preferences that were erased during the reset. Note: Stored passwords, visited websites, and cookies will be erased during this procedure. You will be forced to login to frequently visited websites again with your username and password.

Edited by appleoddity, 02 July 2009 - 11:42 AM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 torapenion

torapenion

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thanks. That did the trick.

#4 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

That's great.. I'm glad to hear your problem has been resolved. In the future, if you run into this problem again, pay attention to what toolbar or add-on you may have recently installed because this will probably be the culprit that is causing the problem. Always try to limit your use of toolbars and other add-ons because they will slow things down and cause problems. Since you just upgraded to IE8, you may have had a toolbar installed that was not compatible with IE8 when you upgraded.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.