scared
Topic Starter
Hi there,
I have this fake security alert popping up every 5 minute on my screen. It's format was very similar to windows notification. It had title Windows security center. I was browsing web and it appeared first, saying there is virus called Zafi.f trojan in your system which records key strokes and make copy of your personal info. Windows had blocked some of the part from this program but can not remove it from the system Please click on enable to remove it from the system entirely.
I foolishly clicked on it and it had gradually disabled all my browser(Firefox,IE can't open it), run, control panel everything which will help me remove it. I ran windows malicious software(when browser was running), Mcafee 2008 full scan and windows defender but any of it did not detect it. One thing though Mcafee keeps poping up message fake alert detected and removed but I guess it keeps reinstalling it. I am considering formatting my computer. I am really scared if it does not go away even by formatting what would I do then? And I have copied drivers and some data from my hard drive, I am afraid what if that Trojan has attached itself to one of those copied files.I can't afford to loose data from my hard drive. My laptop is Dell vostro and operating system Windows XP. Please help.
Thank you very much for your help.
P.s. Unfortunately I do not remember the website it took me to when It first disabled my browser.