This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Driver Help

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks for your thoughts, but too late for me. hope you get better though. Anyway from what I can see yes, it would appear to make a difference, otherwise it wouldn't have been this hard to get this far lol, so use the proper safety rules, unplug from the mains, and try and touch as little as possible in there, with luck you may be able to see the code without removing it, but if you are forced to take it out then try and upset cables as little as possible, they don't like it when systems get older, so should anything be amiss when you boot up again just check anything that may have been disturbed, and make sure the card(s) are securely seated, gentle but firm pressure is what it needs, hope it goes well for you.
Hi, I tried looking. I saw a "B" but I could not remove the card at all and it's REALLY hard to see between my crossed over used eyeballs and not being able to get a better look. :pullhair: This isn't an older machine. I think the term ancient should be used. lmao. It's so rickety if I tried to pull it out I wouldn't be able to get it back together. Probably do what happens to a Vampire in sunlight. It'd be a pile of ashes. :smack: The one with the "B" has the router cord in it. The other I see a phone type line in I can't see at all. With my luck it's the one I can't see. Sorry to be so dipsy but the only things I have ever done inside the PC is blow it out (clean) and upgrade the ram. I downloaded the last one and hopefully thats the one. :unsure: It's the newest and all letters are covered… :wacko: Now what exactly do I do with this download. idk where to put what. I got this error on download 2 from the Dell site.
Hi, I wish my head was working, I should of spotted that they had rolled them all up into the bottom option, so yes you were correct in getting that one, and it's a very easy install, save to the desktop for ease of finding, extract the file(s) then double click on the set up file within the folder and follow the instructions, thats it, at least it should be. As to the sound you did start with the first file in the list didn't you ?
rotflmfo It's easy IF I knew what I was doing. :rofl: Pretend I'm a "special" person. :woot: When I look at the photo attached. My brain says "OMFG" "What do I do next?" I assume to use the light blue exe. and start that? I go into the Windows XP folder? Sound-Yup, I started at the first one. Then the second then the third. I skipped the second one when I got that error (the exe is still on my desk top.) and did the third. It went fine. I tried the second again and still the same error. Update. I did the light blue exe file. What do I do with the rest of this stuff in the folder? :smack: Are you coming back online today? :( :unsure: I rebooted and tried VLC player and Windows. No go. Still no sound for 3g2 files.
Apologies for the slowness of my replies, lets just say nothing going into my body, and everything coming out via high pressure has taken a serious toll on me and has seriously weakened me, so my head is in an even worse place than normal currently. Sorry I wasn't clearer, but yes it is the blue .exe set up file, double click on that and follow the on-screen prompts, once it completes (which it sounds like you've now achieved) you can simply delete the files, the driver is installed, BUT, given the the fun we had finding these files you could always back them up to disk and store them away so if this should ever come up again you know these ones are what you need, but the physical files have no further use to the system now they are installed. Now the audio, if I am right you have a CDMA handset ? But an even bigger question is do you have audio apart from these types of files ? Can you try opening these files with QuickTime ? this should have the required codecs etc, if you have audio apart from these files then it is probably a codec issue, but out of interest what phone are these from ? just wondering if they have software to aid this, how are you taking the files from the phone ? I'm just trying to find the weak spot to make things easier, not sure what time it is for you, but it's 1.35am here, so my next reply may be a while depending on how quickly you see this..
aw hun. I'm so sorry. I guess I'm just itchy to get this thing running right. It's driving me insane. :pullhair: Although I didn't have far to go to get there. :smack:

I don't see Quick Time on here. I see Apple but no mention of the player.

I have no idea what kind of "handset" I have…Do I have one?

This is my cell phone.
Env 2
I have a 2 gig chip, card I take out and unload the files into the PC from the front port. It has the name Targus on the front of the upload cord/box.

7:54 here. :popcorn:

I know we have a big time difference. My good friend lives near Huish Farm Cottage.
VLC and Media Player Classic played them before. idk why they won't now tho.
Yes Apple Are the makers of QuickTime, when I said handset I did mean the actual mobile phone, the fact your taking them straight from the card is fine, thats what they are made for, just remember to NEVER pull the card while it's in use, or you can corrupt the data on it, use safe remove if that option is available to you, open your My Computer, identify which of the card reader slots (shown as hard drives) your card is in, then right click on it and select Eject, it's the safest way to remove ANY removable media of this type, including Thumb drives.

You still didn't say if other media plays OK or not ?
Knowing that helps me to wonder if it's codec or driver based issues you have, assuming audio works apart from these files, download and install QuickTime (no need for iTunes unless you want it), then see if they play, if they do then codecs was the answer, see if this helps.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ No need to sign up or anything, unless you want to.
Yes, other forms are playing…Now. They weren't before. Thank you for fixing that. :) Is there a way to convert the phone format to another form when I get them loaded into my PC? I mean rather than struggling with 3g2 format.
Yes there are many ways to convert files such as this, but now you've said audio works, I'm more convinced than ever that it's a codecs problem, and TBH it is far simpler to fix this than converting formats, now I think I noted earlier in the thread that you had an out dated VLC, have you updated that yet ? If not the solution could be as simple as that, VLC can play 3gp files, so no need for QuickTime directly, I was just looking for a solution to add the required codecs to your system, and installing software that has what is needed is the easiest way to go, so update VLC and see if that gets the sound back for these files.
I deleted the old VLC with a new one. idk if it's a good download. Seems to be other than it won't play 3g2 files. The Quick Time plays them now but I had to max my speakers out and max the player up to just hear what is being said. :( Normally this woofer blasts the house windows. I'll probably forget to readjust them and blow the windows out completely. :P
You concern me when you say you "Deleted" VLC, you should NEVER just delete ANY program, they must be uninstalled, and VLC has a built in recognition of previous installs, and uninstalls for you prior to installing the new version, not many other programs are that user friendly. What does your device manager look like now ? any issues showing in it ?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI