This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Physical Memory in XP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have a EVGA nforce 680i Mother Board with an Intel Duo E6750 processor running Windows XP. I have loaded 4 GB of Ram but for some reason the physical memory only reflects about 2.8 GB. The Bios seems to show 4 Gigs but not the operating system. I have been reading about PAE switches etc but not sure if I understand completely. Can anyone tell me why the system is not recognizing all the Ram/physical memory? Is there a software program out there that can be run to change the OS to recognize all the memory? Here is what Everest says is happening with the memory……… Physical: Total 2814 Mb Used 453 Mb Free 2360 Mb Swap Space: Total 4702 Mb Used 279 Mb Free 4422 Mb Virtual: Total 7516 Mb Used 715 Mb Free 6800 Mb Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI