This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

What's taking up my physical memory? [Closed]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Typically my physical memory runs in the 30-35% range

A moment ago I realized my comp was running slow opening a program. So I ctl+alt+del & saw my memory was at 80%

I closed my browser & other running programs then ran MBAM & deleted the malicious item it listed

I restarted my comp & I again hit ctl+alt+del & it was running at the normal 32%. But as I let it sit for a few mins, the memory began to steadily climb. Here's a screenshot of my task manager showing my memory
[external image: Posted Image]

It seems to have leveled off for now at ~50%, but that's still noticeably higher than what it typically runs at & the comp is still running slower than normal as a result
Please run the following:


Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI