Symptoms started about 3 weeks ago on Dell Precision 32 bit Q9550 Vista Business 5 years old, IE9, also tried Chrome
Have run about 5 malware & spy & reg & programs & NAV.
• Main symptom is slow upload & download speeds
(sb 50 Mbps down & 10 Mbps up but actual is about 3 mbps each with & without Comcast Blast. Upload sometimes faster. Pardon the formatting.)
* Some internet pages load slowly
• Computer hangs when shutting down sometimes
• Tried Safe Mode with Network and ran the Download Upload Test & got the same speeds of around 3 Mbps.
• Created New User & tried to run IE9 but IE9 was not in the program list of the new user while other programs were
• Ran various Dell Diagnostics http://www.dell.com/...stics/us/en/555
o Components tests
>>>>>>>>>Hard Drive - “Applicable Device does not exist” Ran the test twice with same result
o Full test - OK
• Memory, System - Advanced Pattern Test - Passed
o Symptom Tests
Internet Performance Test - OK
Slow Performance, Lock Ups, Freeze Test - OK
• Also: Windows\system32\wbem\logs\WMITraining.log
o Causes CCleaner to hang on Clear Log Files at this file
o That file does not delete when clicked
o File is 13 mb
• Video Card (nVidia Quadro FX 570) Fan runs constantly & is noisy (chirpy pitch) but doesn't feel hot.
Edited by John7100, 03 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.