FishinMagician
Topic Starter
I'm trying to repair my cousin's computer and unfortuneatly, I'm not having any luck. It's an HP A6430F with an AMD Phenom CPU running Vista. She had the bsod and had someone else work on it before I got it, so I'm not exactly sure what was done. She did say the other person installed another processor, but I'm not sure why. By the time I got it, the only thing I could think of was recovery, so I ordered a set of recovery discs from HP, but when I try to boot from them it will not do anything. Actually, I've tried several times but only on rare occasions could I get the recovery manager screen to come up. Pressing f-11 never worked at all. When the recovery manager did open, I chose to revover and it seemed to be working. It would prompt me to change discs and then it would continue with the second disc. It would then say recovery comple, press finish. After pressing finish, it would act like it was going to boot vista, but it would either freeze or just keep acting like it was loading for hours.I even left it overnight once to see what would happen, but had no luck. I can access the bios and it does show the hardrive, but when I ran a test while in bios (don't remember exact test ) i get the HD 3 error: no bootable drive. It will not boot in safe mode and I cannot even get to the recovery manager screen anymore. Could this be a bad hd or motherboard (Narra-GL8E)? It has two 320 gb hd's. Could I switch them or something? I'm sorry, but my knowledge as it relates to computers is very limited, so if more info is needed please let me know. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Brian