This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Keeps Booting To Recovery Program

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys Having problems with my Packard Bell iMedia running on XP - No recovery cd's and XP was pre-installed on the system…ps, it is a genuine install by PC World. I purchased a new system and was going to put the old PC upstairs in the kids bedroom. Thought I'd restore the system to factory settings before doing this. Started the restore program, the system started extracting the files. Got to 100% and then a message came up saying system can not re-install recovery. Try non destructive recovery. Tried this and the same message came up. Now, I can't get out of the Recovery Program. Anytime I force a close on the system and reboot, it goes straight to the Recovery Program. I have searched the net over the past 2 nights and have found nothing of help. Can any of you gusy shed any light on this.
Things I can think of. 1. Borrow a XP install cd from a friend and try it, see if it allows you to enter the key on your Pack Bell. 2. Contact Pack Bell (or check their web site) and see if you can order a recovery cd. 3. Buy a copy of XP Home.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI