I went to sign into a website and at the top of the login screen the message above was displayed. I've seen messages before for pc not accepting cookies, but I don't know what script's cookies are or how to resolve the problem. As far as I'm aware cookies are enabled on my pc, at least I haven't had any problems logging onto other websites. Is there some way I can check if cookies/script's cookies are enabled?
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
hedley
If not, go here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
Select the JRE offline download, download it, close browser, install JRE allowing it to create its own access to the internet
___________________
"Scrip cookie" is most likely referring to javascript used in some cookie-like downloads such as ActiveX used by some sites that allow you to use their software to run scans on your machine. e.g. Kaspersky, PCPitstop, D-A-L Hardware Reporting Tool, etc.
Website publishers can write unique specific javascript for their own site, embedded in the site source code.
Website publishers "can" make mistakes, which would cause your browser to make this report.
Do you have difficulty browsing any/all sites, or just specific sites?
Hi Doug, thanks for the reply.
I have Java SE Runtime Environment 6 update 1 & Java 6 Update 17 installed on my pc. Do I need the one you specified as well as, or instead of these?
The only website I'm having this issue with up to now is one that I have to log into to use the gallery. I can go anywhere on the website, but to enter the gallery, the rules are you must login.
I have been a member of this particular site for a few years and my login details were fine for about 18 months or so. Then I had to have new login details supplied because the one I started off with would not work. I must be onto my 3rd or 4th new login details by now. They worked each time for the first time, next time I went to login a message came up that login details were incorrect.
On speaking with one of their staff she said their 'tech' had said I probably didn't have cookies enabled on my pc. Again he supplied me with new login details. When I tried to login in with those the message I gave in my post came up immediately. (This is the first time this particular message has appeared).
Hope I haven't bored you with all the details, but javascript is something I know nothing about.
Thanks for the help.
hedley
since you are able to log into other websites, it may be that they use a specific (and unsigned/unverified) java script for their cookie/ActiveX/.
Ordinarily the Default settings for IE - Tools - Internet Options - Security - Internet - Default Settings — should be satisfactory.
If you TRUST the site, you can place their address into your Trusted Sites so that they can have trusted status.
Give it a try to set Internet to Default (as above)
or
Place the site into Trusted Sites
Hi Doug
Changed my settings as you said and my favourite website is now running perfectly. Thank you very much for your time and help.
Thanks again
hedley
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI