So, to start out I'm having a nVidia GeForce 6600 GT graphics card and a Giga-Byte GA-8I915G-MF motherboard.
My first problem is with the graphics. I can't play games using pixel shader 2 and/or vertex shader 2, even though i got DirectX 9.0c installed aswell as my graphics cards drivers is up to date. It worked before my last reformat.
So to my motherboard. It uses an integrated soundcard, which doesn't work. No sound of what so ever. I've tried to update drivers, remove and install again, but it doesn't give me any sound.
Thanks on ahead,
CowBell!
Just realized that it was something wrong with the game, and not the graphics.
To the sound, still silent. Installed drivers as you said, used those you linked to. But nothing. It simply says "No audio-unit".
/CowBell
Oh, sorry. Control Panel -> Audio, speech and audio-units -> Audio and audio-units. Both volume and audio-units says "No audio unit". Neither the DirectX Diagnostics seems to find anything.
I'm using a swedish version of XP, so the translations might not be correct to the english version.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI