This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Green & Black screen for video web cast

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When trying to watch a web cast in Windows Media Player 11 or Real Player, I get sound but no video. Screen was green now after recent WMP update screen is black. Can anyone help? I have a Dell laptop with Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista Home Edition. Thank you. wkrivo
Hi, try a system restore point created before the issues started….. Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools> System Restore… Let us know if this does the trick. Regards paws
Paws, thank you for the tip. Unfortunately it didn't work. I have tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer with both Realplayer and Windows Media Player. I now get a black screen when using Windows Media Player and get a green screen while using Realplayer. I still have sound with no visual. I have tried downloading Adobe Flash Player but it seems something is blocking it from working. Not sure what to do next. wkrivo
Paws, I was able to figure out the problem. On the home page of Firefox … Tools>Options>Content>Load images automatically>exceptions>type in the web site address and select "allow". Wow … glad that's done. Whew! Thanks for you help. wkrivo

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI